2. In these terms, certain words and phrases have a particular meaning as follows:
2.1. “content” means any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software, or other information or material submitted to or on this website;
2.2. “processing” when applied to personal information includes storage of that information;
2.3. “you” or “your” means the person accessing or using this website or its content; and
2.4. “we”, “us” or “our” refers to Dornoch Highland Games.
3. You should read these terms carefully before using this website. We do not permit you to access this website or use any content if you do not comply with these terms.
Using this website
4. This website is intended only to give you information about our annual event. We do not, through this website:
4.1. make you any promises;
4.2. make any contractual offer to you; or
4.3. supply any services to you.
5. You have our permission to browse this website and in so doing make use of its content through a web browser. You may not use this website for any other purpose. For example, you may not download this website or any part of it for your own use.
Information about you: privacy
8. While we try to make sure that this website is secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you supply to us and therefore we cannot guarantee that it will be kept confidential. For that reason, you should not submit any information you regard as confidential. Any information you do submit, you submit at your own risk.
Accuracy of information and availability of this website
10. While we hope that this website is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we cannot promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that this website will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information of this website is at your own risk.
11. We may suspend or terminate operation of this website at any time as we see fit.
12. Any content is provided for your general information purposes only. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied upon for any purposes.
Changes to these terms
13. We reserve the right to vary these terms from time to time. Our new terms will be displayed on this website and by continuing to use and access this website following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these terms from time to time to verify such variations.
Hyperlinks and third party sites
14. This website may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites other than this website. Any hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
Disputes and liability
15. Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury caused by our negligence and our statutory duties under data protection law), we have no liability to you connected with your use of our website. For example, we are not liable for:
15.1. any missing or inaccurate content;
15.2. any unavailability of this website;
15.3. any incompatibility of this website with any particular browser or browser plugin; or
15.4. any economic loss or other loss of turnover, profit, business or goodwill you may suffer.
16. These terms are to be interpreted in accordance with Scottish law. If there is any dispute that arises out of your use of this website then the courts of Scotland shall have jurisdiction to settle any such dispute.