1. The decision of the Judges appointed by the Committee to be final.
2. Protests must be handed to the Secretary, in writing, within an hour of the event, with a deposit of half the prize money at stake, which deposit may be forfeited should the Committee consider the protest unwarranted.
3. In all competitions SHGA Rules apply.
4. All competitors will pay the appropriate charge for admission to the field. Thereafter entry to all competitions is free.
5. The Committee reserves the right to make any alteration to the programme.
6. No person will be allowed in the ring except active competitors and officials.
7. Pipers must bring a list of three Piobaireachds, three Strathspeys, three Reels, three Jigs and three Marches for the Judges to select from and will play as drawn by ballot.
8. Competitors must appear in proper costume. In Event nos. 1 to 16, and 29 to 45 Highland dress is imperative, and in event nos. 17 to 28 and 64 to 71 the kilt must be worn.
9. All competitors must be ready when called. Any competitor misconducting himself will not be allowed to compete, and if previously successful, will forfeit their prize.
10. The prize money will be paid to competitors after the result of each event is verified in the office
11. Dornoch Highland Gathering to be holders and owners of all trophies in perpetuity
12. Three tries will be allowed in nos. 17 to 28, 50 to 52, 55 and 64 to 71 if time permits
13. Entries on the day of the games can only be received at the Secretary’s Office.
14. All competitors must be prepared to be drug tested.
15. In the event of no registered cyclists competing we shall invite locals to participate in the races. Local cyclists do so at their own risk if they are using geared bikes and with brakes.